Our philosophy is to offer a stress free grooming experience for your dog. We pay special attention to older pets and pets with health issues.
- Your pet’s safety and comfort are our first priority.
- We will not perform any grooming procedure that causes pain or a level of stress that we think is excessive. This includes nail trimming in some situations.
- Senior pets will be groomed for cleanliness and comfort.
-Owners will advise us of any medical, physical, emotional issues, allergies, sensitivities, or pre-existing conditions.
-These may include prior surgeries, hip or joint issues, warts, moles, ear infections or skin problems.
****If your dog has behavior problems, please let us know.****
-If we arrive at your home and your dog cannot be groomed, a $50.00 gas/surplus fee will apply.
-Owners will be held liable for any bites that require medical treatment and for any property damage caused by their pet.
-Dawg Haus reserves the right to refuse service.
*We will arrive as close to the scheduled appointment arrival window as possible, however, sometimes situations occur that will disrupt the daily schedule of the groomer. This includes traffic, weather, spending more time with an older/younger dog or a difficult dog. The dog’s safety will never be compromised by rushing to meet a schedule. You will be called and advised of an arrival time when schedules change beyond our control.
- Additional charges may apply due to the dog’s temperament and behavior during the groom.
Matting- Is your pet all knotted up?
- 99.9% of the time we can remove knots and tangles with the right products, tools, and conditioning treatments. In some cases if knots are formed down to the skin it is neither humane or ethical to de-mat your pet. In that case shaving might be the only option, but nothing will be done without your approval.
-Please keep in mind that a matted coat can cause numerous health conditions including itching, irritation, and skin infections. Removing a heavily matted coat includes risks of nicks, cuts or abrasions due to warts, moles and skin folds trapped and hidden in the mats. Heavy matting can also trap moisture near the pet’s skin allowing fungus or bacteria to grow causing skin irritations that exist prior to the grooming process. Dawg Haus is not responsible for any pre-existing conditions due to a matted coat.
-If you would like to reschedule your grooming appointment to allow you time to brush or comb out the excess matting, a $50.00 minimum groom fee will apply.
We require 48 hours notice to change or cancel an appointment.
- Failure to offer at least 48 hours in advance may result in a charge of a $50.00 that must be paid prior to your next grooming appointment. Giving advance notice gives us the opportunity to fill your grooming slot and rearrange our schedule.
- If we show up for the appointment and there is no one at home to give me access to your pet, a $50.00 cancellation fee will apply.
- We accept cash, visa, mastercard and etransfers
- Payment is due at completion of groom.
I understand and do agree to the above terms for the grooming and maintenance of my pet(s) and in consideration of the grooming services of Dawg Haus Groomers agree to hold harmless from damage, loss or claims arising from any known or unknown pre-existing condition of my pet(s). The terms, special services or handling shall include but are not limited to veterinarian services in the event I am not available. I authorize Dawg Haus Groomers to act as my agent in the event emergency veterinarian services, care-taking and/or transportation is necessary and I agree to pay all costs. Any/all damages, loss or claim shall include, but not be limited to death, injury or shock. Said pre-existing shall include, but not be limited to illness, previous injury, skin or coat conditions, medical conditions, advanced age or nervousness. If you should need to cancel your pets appointment please allow Dawg Haus Groomers a minimum of 48 hours notice to avoid a $50.00 per pet cancellation fee. I have read and accept this policy for the groom today and for any and all future grooming appointments.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me prior to your scheduled appointment. 905.764.3647